offer 09 days trek in Sikkim, India to Goechala mountain pass. It is no wonder that trekkers consider Goechala to be the closest to the big mountain treks of Nepal. The third highest mountain and various mountains like Pandim, Talung, Kabru, Simvo and other 9 big summits will view from Goechala trek. The biggest reason to do the Goechala trek is the grand views of big mountains that you see. You don’t just see one summit — the Kanchenjunga — but 14 other big summits. That’s a lot for any trek — especially as close to the eyes as on the Goechala trek. It is no wonder that trekkers consider Goechala to be the closest to the big mountain treks of Nepal.
Please do let us know if you have any special requirements or if you wish to see any specific locations – and we will do our utmost to meet your needs – do this by filling in the form below and send your query to us, so that we may contact you as soon as possible.
Read all the section of Details & Information and Itinerary Section we write all information in details. While felling This Goechala Trek form please describe all the details of your needs, it makes easy for us to understand your requirement. If you have less budget and smaller group size, we suggest you go Dzongri Trek with another group it reduces cost, Please mention all the details in the message section below. We contact you as soon as possible
Send your details and we contact you to book Goechala Trek
The enchanting charisma of the North East offers the delight that is Goechala, a pleasing destination in the heart of Sikkim. With beautiful mounting summits with gargling streams meandering through expanses of meadows, Goechala Pass is an amazing trekking destination that is loved by travelers and trekking enthusiasts alike. This exhilarating trekking expedition takes you through the spine-tingling beauty of Sachen while pacing onwards towards Bhakim, Tshokha and Dzongri. The bewildering Dzongri Peak offers a stunning vision of the Kanchenjunga and Pandim Peaks while Goechala Pass will enchant you with its enrapturing mountain views from a majestic pinnacle of 16000 feet. Enjoy a romantic and enchanting walk through forest regions, lush meadows and startling blue waters along the trail. Considered as one of the most romantic trekking trails in the country, get ready to be enchanted by the sensational mountains, the fascinating people, their distinctive culture and the mesmerizing trails that lead you to engage in a breath-taking experience. This Goechala trek guide will make your trekking more hassle free and a never forgettable experience.
Uttarey Singalila Trek
Here are the cost details of Goechala Trek do let us know if you have any type of requirement.
Note: this is just a Goechala Trek cost guideline shows about package cost. Please fill the form or email us for the best costing and availability. The costing depends on the number of people also the cost of Goechala trek is based on the Requirements and demand of the group. sometimes the cost rise than the suggestion sometimes it became cheaper than the suggested amount below. We are able to arrange all your required things as per your request. The more the number of trekkers the better the Price. Please while filling the form or emailing us note to send brief Description about the package that you want..
|No. of person||Goechala Trek Cost @ INR (per head)|
Best Time For Goechala Trek
Goechala trek can be visited all year around but we recommend to visit during autumn the months of September to November or during summer -between March and June. Don’t make a plan to visit during the monsoon.
- It is Mandatory to have a permit while trekking both Indian and foreigners for that you have to submit your identity. All guests have to carry valid photo ID (Passport/Driving License/Voter ID Card).PAN Card is not accepted at many places as a valid photo ID.
- You have to pay 25% advance to confirm booking.
- For cancellations and refunds contact us. Cancellation is allowable up to 10 days before departure.
- We don’t have facilities for book plan or rail we will pick you from the nearest airport which is Bagdogra or from the nearest railway station which is NJP.
- Safty first: Oxygen Cylinder incases if someone fell altitude sickness in the decreasing amount of oxygen available.
- First aid Kit
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Yuksam on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis.
- Stay on twin sharing basis
- Stay will be in Camps/Tents
- Mattress or sleeping bags will be provided
- Freshly cooked Full board meals prepared by our cook (breakfast, lunch, and dinner but some lunches may be packed lunches).
- Well, Known guide who can explain all the details and information.
- Inner line permit for the foreigners and restricted area permit for Indian.
- Trekking cook, kitchen staff, Trek Sherpa and other support staff.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Personal expenditure
- Mineral water while trekking
- Other fees which are not mentioned in inclusions.
- Day Sack/rucksack, water bottle, torch, raincoat, good sports shoes, walking pole (if possible, personal medicine, Sunglasses, cap. Etc.)
- Waterproof Rucksack or Rucksack with rain-cover
- Comfortable Trekking Shoes: Waterproof, high ankle with good grip.
- ·One Raincoat/Poncho
- Windproof Jacket/Wind & waterproof pant
- T-shirts/Shirts – preferably quick dry
- 1 Trouser (avoid fitting denim, capris)
- Torch/Head Torch (hand torch would be an alternative)
- Thermal Inner-wears in winter
- Warm Fleece/woolen sweater
- Woolen Cap
- Woolen Socks (in winter) & Regular Socks
- Water Bottle
- Identity Cards
- Slippers/Sandals/Floaters: Non-slippery
- Specific personal Medication
- Personal Toiletries
- Hand sanitizer
- Sunscreen cream/ Moisturizer/ Lip Balm
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Sunglasses (it should be U/V protected.) or use Photo chromatic glasses.
- Toilet roll
- Personal medicines.
- Always take an experienced company services
- Follow the pre-decided trail; Vegetation is fragile
- Don’t litter and deposit garbage’s as the eco-system up there is very fragile
- Don’t get close to mountain streams and lakes
- Respect the local culture, take permission before clicking pictures
- Dress modestly. Be aware of the customs and manners and culture of the local people.
- When in the monastery, it’s customary to leave donations and take circles of the shrine in a clockwise direction.
- Don’t disturb animals and wildlife
- Don’t purchase endangered antiques or species
- When at some sacred place, don’t scream, consume alcohol or smoke
- Don’t pluck plants or flowers.
Goechala TREK ITINERARY Here is the brief Itinerary of Uttarey Singalila Trek
Bref Itinerary for Goechala Trek
BAGDOGRA/ NJP TO YUKSAMCHECK IN THE HOTEL OVERNIGHT STAY AT YUKSAM In details:
Arrival at Jalpaiguri Railway Station (NJP)/ Bagdogra Airport meet and greet by our representative, assist you till your check-in process at the Uttarey hotel. Overnight stay at Yuksam.
Altitude: Uttarey at 6,600 ft. 7 h 172.9 km via NH10
The trek Start from Yuksam village by crossing the gate of Kanchanjunga National park. Many travelers like to cover the whole distance from Yuksom to Tshoka in a single day but we recommend to halt at Sachen and explore the beauty of Sachen which is a great place for lovers and solitude Seekers. Camp at Sachen.
Altitude: Yuksam at 5840 ft. Sachen at 7200 ft. and 8kms trek
Next Day from Sachen to Tshoka is bid energizing as walking will be stiff up via Bakhim. The walk is into the Rhododendron and alpine forest passing through the last iron bridge. The air started becoming cooler. Then we reach to Bhakim which is famous for tea stall, offering the gorgeous view of Yuksam Valley, tea at that spot that makes memorable also tea give energy too. After enjoying some time than we move to Tshoka, offers government and private huts and stalls. After reaching Tshokha spend some time exploring Tshoka and its surrounding. Slightly uphill there are the cafes where trekkers can try the local malt beer Tumbas. If the weather is clear the View of Pandim and ranges are visible from the left of the Camping sites. Camp at Tshokha.
Altitude: Tshokha at 9700 ft and 7kms trek
Day forth started and the first 4 hours the trail is rocky and then it changes to wooden benches line on either side of the trail which makes the trail look like a park, then again rocky trail and then zig-zag trail leads you till camp. The trail is mostly ascent it is complete ascend to the higher altitude and some can develop signs of altitude sickness as one mounts higher. At Phedang when the weather is favorable on it offers the view of Singalila Range, on the right side it offers the view of Mt Pandim, Mt Tenzing Khang, Mt Jophnu, and Oklathang Range etc. After spending some time at Phedang move to Dzongri the view started getting better, at the top, it offers the view of Pandim Ranges and Kabru. After spending the lovely time at that top view start walking towards the campsite which is around 40 min trek. overnight stay at camp.
Altitude: Phedang at 10500 ft and Dzongri at 12980 ft. 9 km trek, approx 7 hours.
The fifth day offers a 180-degree Panoramic view from the highest point of Dzongri. The climb was about an hour from the campsite. The light of the sun at the time of rising at mountaintop look amazing with purple in color don’t miss the chance of sunrise, you have to walk earlier first for it. The peak that view from the top is Frey Peak, Kabru Dome, Kangchenddzonga, Jupono, Pandim, Simro Kumbakarana, Rathong, Kabru South, Kabru North. Tips for the day it a rest day but remember do not sleep, especially inside at daytime explore- go for small walks. Camp overnight at Dzongri.
Dzongari top at 13,675 ft, approx 1 hour.
It’s the sixth day of Goechala trek we have to move to Thangsing the trail is passed from Rhododendron forest, rhododendron offer varieties of the bird inside they chirp and the sound amazing. You love to stay at Kokcharang but there is no such place to pitch tents. Further, move to Thangshing passing through the rhododendron forest passing the bridge over the river Prekchu. Overnight stay at Thangsing
Altitude: Kokcharang at 12,000ft, Thansing at 12900. 10 km trek, approx 6 hrs.
seventh-day trek gonna be easy. When we reach Lamuney enjoying some time. If you don’t feel tired you can climb up to the Lake which is on the way to Goechela, amazing place for photograph the best composition you find over there but if you prefer to rest at Lamuney you can enjoy the sanctity of Lake the other day because you will be going through the side of the Lake to Goechela. Overnight stay at camp
Altitude: Thangsing at13650 ft.4 km trek, approx 2 hours.
Day eight is the longest trek if you wish to see sunrise you have to move from campsite earlier around 3 am. Viewpoints are on the top of the moraine, Goechela viewpoint comprises of three viewpoints, the First viewpoint takes about two and a half hour to reach from Lamuney campsite the first ray of sun hit at Kanchenjunga looks amazing and shine in golden color enjoy the sunrise. The first viewpoint is at the base of Mt. Pandim if the weather is favorable first viewpoint offers a magical view of Goecha Peak, Mt Khangchendzonga, Tenzing Khang, Jophnu etc. Further Second View Points take two hours. Green Lake is just below the moraine of the second viewpoint and on the left side of Goechela glacier can be seen. The last viewpoint takes a just half hour. The day will be obviously difficult but the view it offers will soon dissolve all your tiredness. It will be the most memorable trek perhaps for the lifetime. Back to campsite overnight stay at Thangshing
Altitude: Goechala first viewpoint at 23,000 ft., the second viewpoint at 17,000 ft. third view point: 17,500 ft.18 km trek, 11 hours.
The trial to begins a midst of Rhododendron Bushes and vegetation becomes sparser because of very low temperature. The view of Singalila Range is amazing from the route. Overnight stay at Tshoka
Altitude: Thansing 12,900 ft/ Kokcharang 12,000 ft Tsokha 9700 ft.
Much easier and faster than trek up. On the way, you look the same vegetation but you miss all those nature. Check in the hotel overnight stay at Yuksam.
15 km, approx 6 hours.
After breakfast check out from the hotel and transfer to New Jalpaiguri Station / Bagdogra Airport. enjoy the Spectacular view of forest and mountains. Reach at N.J.P or Bagdogra for reaching own home.
Duration:7 h 168.1 km via NH10
Goechala trek end